Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer Solstice Inspirations

Each solstice heralds the beginning of a new season. As far as I'm concerned if the summer solstice occurred four times a year I would be totally happy. Unfortunately I am one of those people that tolerates rather than enjoys the climate offered by northern latitudes. I would much rather spend time in a more southerly direction but that would mean my Saturn in Cancer would have a very tough time adjusting to being far away from my immediate family. Fortunately I have close ties to other family members living where palm trees thrive and and able to escape occasionally from those dull and sunless days that seem to be increasing at my 40 degree north latitude location with alarming frequency.

It is raining outside today. I am watching the wind lift the leafy branches outside my window in steady rhythmic breaths. Even the recent summer solstice is not enough to part the clouds or stop nature's rainy day agenda.

So this dreary day has inspired me to move on to a list filled with contrasting images.
  • If can't fit your car into your garage anymore it's time to have a garage sale.
  • Plan an after-solstice party with a menu bursting with seafood - preferably crab.
  • Try breaking open the piggy bank and splurging just this once.
  • Spend a day with your mother and fill it up with everything she likes.
  • Use creative visualization and design your dream kitchen.
  • Get pregnant.
  • Research obstetricians.
  • Design a garden.
  • Volunteer as a caregiver.
  • Milk a cow.

No comments: