Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Mercury: Still Retrograde

Mercury will be retrograde until September 12th when he gets moving again. Don't get all your hopes up because Mercury isn't really getting his groove on until after the 27th of September when he reaches the exact degree that he began his retrograde back on August 20th. Waiting for a retrograde period to be over can be one big fat pain in the ass especially if you find yourself in a position where you have to sign a contract and there is no way to move the date. There aren't many people in the corporate world who give a damn about planning your life according to the stars.

In fact after twenty five plus years in this business I've gotten used to lots of eye rolling and patronizing looks from people while trying to manipulate dates in my favor. Some of them have been attorneys, surgeons, dentists and computer technicians just to name a few. Quite frankly their looks don't phase me in the least and I don't care what the hell they they think if there is a possibility that signing on the dotted line a few days later or earlier than they would prefer could mean sealing a deal in my favor.

Of course there have been lots of times when I didn't have a choice like the oh so many times I was hired under a Mercury retrograde. I've had more jobs in my life than most people have hair on their heads. Since I was born under a Mercury retrograde my attitude about almost everything is that nothing lasts forever. It seems most of the times in my life where important decisions had to be made were under a Mercury retrograde. I just don't sweat the small stuff anymore

So you see I don't get crazy about Mercury Retro periods. I do what I can when I can and when I can't so be it. However, the exception to that rule are some of the activities listed below. You should do everything in your power to choose your dates accordingly or suffer the consequenses.
  1. Plastic surgery...or any surgery for that matter including dental work.
  2. Purchasing a car, computer, cell phone, and any telecommunication equipment. CD's fall into this category so instead of purchasing any just continue your Netflix subscription
  3. Purchasing anything that is intended to last forever....thankfully food and toiletries do not fall into this category.
  4. Accepting a proposal for marriage
Have a great weekend!


No comments: