Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Appetite Control: Saturn in the Second House

My natal Saturn is in the second house. The second house rules money and one's assets. The second house is located in the second quadrant and according to Dobereiner is the physical quadrant. The first house represents energy that is striving to be activated. The second house is where that energy concentrates itself and the third house is how that concentrated energy now functions in the space available to it.

In other words. The first house will show how a person acts outwardly and becomes identified as a result. The sign on the ascendant will show the way a person asserts oneself. The ruler of the ascendant and it's location will indicate the area of life that motivates a person to act.

Similarly a planet in the second house of money will show us how a person goes about making his or her physical body safe and secure. It only stands to reason then that financial security is the surest way to ensure one's physical safety.

Saturn is all about regulation and restraint. Saturn will not deny like Neptune does by dissolving all it touches because of lack of boundaries. Saturn instead will demand that appropriate measures always be taken. When Saturn is in the second house it acts as a financial regulating device. Timing is essential regarding Saturn's nature. People with Saturn in the second house know instinctively that spending always has it's consequences especially spending without regard for limits.

My experience with my 2nd house Saturn and my personal finances is interesting to watch and personally annoying. I never over spend but always feel like I do especially when I am making purchases other than food and basic necessities like toothpaste, toilet paper and gas for the car. It may be hard to believe but I know on a physical level exactly when my bills are due and never need to refer to my checkbook. I throw out bills as quickly as they they come in only opening them in case of unpredictable payment schedule changes made by my creditors for their own convenience. In this way I eliminate the unnecessary accumulation of paper.

I must confess my Saturn is in the sign of Cancer and it has only been recently that I learned to curb an almost neurotic tendency to hold onto every bill just in case I needed it. My inner calculator operates at all times and even monitors my appetite. After all the second house is a physical house and Cancer is all about food and nourishment. My financial calculator also calculates calories even when I don't want it to. I'm not an anorexic nor am I overweight. I just have this curse, or gift, depending how you look at it that monitors my physical and financial well being.

It almost sounds perfect in a way doesn't it? Never going overboard like diving into a gallon of Ben and Jerry's after a frustrating or painful day. Well it's not perfect and that's because I forgot to mention that my natal Jupiter squares my natal Saturn. Jupiter likes to indulge and when the planets are just right I can pack the food down like Joey Chestnut at a Nathan's Famous hot dog eating contest.

I must admit that my Saturn-Jupiter square makes me feel like a yo-yo sometimes but I've begun to think of it as my inner equalizer. I'll never get too fat or too thin or too happy or too depressed. As long as my bathroom scale is always in good working order and the bills are paid in time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting. I have my Saturn in my second house but in the sign of Taurus and my Sun in Cancer. I have noticed that I have the exact opposite issue with regards to money, calories, and time. I consistently seem spend more, consume more calories, or be later than I mean to be. It's nothing too extreme but just slightly overindulgent. Thanks for the insight.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting. I have my Saturn in my second house but in the sign of Taurus and my Sun in Cancer. I have noticed that I have the exact opposite issue with regards to money, calories, and time. I consistently seem spend more, consume more calories, or be later than I mean to be. It's nothing too extreme but just slightly overindulgent. Thanks for the insight.

PATRICIA WEISS said...

Yes interesting indeed. If you were born between '69 and '72 I would think that Saturn in the foodie sign of Taurus would find a way to control or limit intake of food rather than indulge. Saturn in the second is also notorious for making a person feel financial limitations. But if your birthday was in 1970 the Jupiter square to Cancer planets would make it easier for you to indulge than to refrain. Only an accurate horoscope would be able to explain. Thanks for your comment.
Patricia