Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

MOON PHASE ETIQUETTE

I just realized that I forgot to mention that there was a new moon yesterday. While we are still in the new moon phase right now and before it is too late I thought I'd create another fun quiz simply because it's a lot of fun for me to do...and educational too!

Astrologers use the phases of the moon as a way to track the best days for planning. I find it curious that The Old Farmer's Almanac appears to have been doing the same thing for over two hundred years but they wouldn't dare call themselves astrologers. I have a feeling there is some kind of cover-up going on up there in New England...perhaps some fear residue left over from the 1602 Salem Witch Trials. What do you think?

But this is not about the Old Farmer's Almanac it's about a fun quiz so I will get back on track.

I'm sure most of you know about the moon phases and how to utilize them but for the rest of you sky watchers who don't this quiz is for you. As always you will know immediately if your answer is wrong when the Amazing Kreskin comes up. If you are right you will be brought to Sandra and David Mosley's perfectly wonderful lunar phase calendar.

The best time to begin a project is during a:
(a) New Moon
(b) Lunar Eclipse
(c) Balsamic Moon Phase

The best time for reflection is during a:
(a) Balsamic Moon Phase
(b) New Moon
(c) Gibbous Moon Phase

The best lunar phase to reaffirm your commitments:
(a) Void of Course Moon
(b) Gibbous Moon Phase
(c) Crescent Phase

The best lunar phase to state your intentions:
(a) Full Moon
(b) Disseminating Moon
(c) First Quarter

In case you need some help memorizing the phases I leave you with this song.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

what good fortune discovering your multi-media, multi-layer, multi-fun blog! delighted adding The Ten Minute Astrologer to my roll bar!