Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Celebrity Astrology

While I can differentiate between what is considered highbrow, lowbrow and middlebrow I would have to categorize myself as a middlebrow given the fact that I identify strongly with your typical average consumer. I have a nose for hit songs, and items of every genre guaranteed to be hot sellers amongst the buying public and especially ones like my all time favorite the PedEgg.

This relatively useless talent of mine also includes an interest in the lives of celebrities. Celebrities are always fascinating to me because they are living such interesting lives...at least compared to mine. Imagine owning four, five or even six residences scattered all over the globe and never having the time to spend more than twenty minutes in any one of them. Because of their esteemed position people from all walks of life are willing to give them all sorts of things just because they're famous. Celebrity status is the gift that keeps on giving.

The reason I have put myself in the average consumer category is because I am just like every other person living an ordinary life. I enjoy escaping the ordinary by living vicariously through others...especially if they are rich and famous because I'm not. However, what makes me a little less ordinary is the lens I use to view the lives of these esteemed creatures. This lens of which I am referring cannot be purchased through your neighborhood optometrist. The lens I am speaking of is a good old fashioned horoscope. If you want to really find out what's really going on behind the scenes with your favorite star there is no other way to get a better peek than this.

Of course nothing is iron clad and I won't dispute that fact however if you are getting confusing reports from media sources about your favorite actor's love life just one little peek at his or her Venus can help to point you in the right direction. Take for example a recent interview in Playboy given by actress Cameron Diaz in which she expressed her feelings about relationships. Naturally astrological aspects were not included in that interview but I plan to remedy that right here and now. I leave you with some of Cameron's quotes and my astrological interpretations for your reading enjoyment.

"In the past three years I have made a conscious decision not to be in a relationship for as long as I want"

No kidding! Using Dobereiner's system Cameron has been under the influence of the planet Uranus since the age of 35. She will be under this influence at least until the age of 42. In addition to this fact Cameron's natal Uranus squares her natal Venus as well as her natal Ascendant so it appears that Cameron does not normally feel the need to conform when it comes to relationships. The only kinds of relationships Cameron is capable of right now are the experimental and unpredictable ones. You know... the kind of relationships that leave you scratching your head like the time Julia Roberts married Lyle Lovett

Cameron mentions in the interview that her relationship with Justin Timberlake ended three years ago. Three years ago transiting Saturn was making a conjunction to her progressed Venus indicating that matters of affections were being put to the test and I guess we know how that test came out.

The planet Neptune was also squaring her natal Moon three years ago. Neptune points to the possibility that Cameron was at risk for being deceived or taken advantage of during this time. At the very least it points to the fact that Cameron was not clear about what she wanted at this time. This aspect is like wearing a pair of glasses coated in Vaseline.

"I'm primal on an animalistic level, kind of like, 'Bonk me over the head, throw me over your shoulder. You man, me woman.' Not everybody has the right kind of primal thing for me...I love physical contact. I have to be touching my lover, like, always. It's not optional."

The reasons for this raw description of her primitive urges is easy to spot. Women with their natal Sun in a tight conjunction to Mars are always attracted to macho type men and possible black eyes. Her love of physical contact comes from her sensuous Moon in Taurus although it's location in the eleventh house makes me believe that Cameron can turn off the heat as fast as it went on...combine this with a strong Uranian emotional nature and she would be considered by some as contrary as the famous Mary of nursery rhyme fame.

It looks like Cameron has a while to go before she feels like settling down.



No comments: